PENNSYLVANIA HEALTH EQUITY CONFERENCE
"ENGAGING AND EMPOWERING YOU TO ENHANCE HEALTH EQUITY"
The 2014 Pennsylvania Health Equity Conference Research Committee would like to invite community-based organizations, students and medical/public health professionals to submit abstracts to present posters at the conference held on Aug. 21-22, 2014 in Harrisburg, Pa.
We are seeking poster presentations focusing on health programs or research utilizing standard posters (no larger than 4' wide by 5' high) or tri-fold formats that will cover a breadth of topics including, but not limited to:
1) Health inequities and its impact on chronic diseases;
2) Cultural and linguistic appropriate healthcare services;
3) Healthcare access for underserved populations;
4) Affordable Care Act best practices;
5) Mental health/behavioral health affecting vulnerable/underserved populations; and
6) Special populations (e.g., rural, urban, minority, women, men, children, elderly, LGBT, disabled, refugee, migrant farm workers, etc.).
Instructions for Community-Based Organizations:
Submissions must include a mission statement, description of the service area, target audience, health topics/problems addressed, health programs/services offered, funding that supports this work, and the contact information with phone, email address and website address.
Instructions for Students and Medical/Public Health Professionals:
Submissions must include a problem statement/background, methods/procedure, results and conclusions, in addition to the title, author list, funding source and affiliation(s) of the submitting author.
All submissions are limited to 250 words, excluding the title and author list. The deadline for abstract submission is July 15, 2014.
Acceptance notifications and poster submission for presentation will be sent to corresponding author or contact person by Aug. 1, 2014.
If you have questions regarding abstract submissions, please contact Dr. Oralia Dominic at Oralia.Dominic@highmark.com.
Thank you and good luck!
Pennsylvania Health Equity Conference Research Committee
Chairman Oralia G. Dominic, PhD., M.S., M.A.