The Game Commission owns and manages, for wildlife and recreation, more than 1.4 million acres of state game lands throughout the Commonwealth. Lawful hunting and trapping are permitted during open seasons on these public hunting grounds.
State Game Lands Regulations – Title 58
Mapping Center: Create personalized state game lands maps.
|More than 400 miles of roads are open seasonally on state game lands. Seasonal openings are based on hunting seasons, road coniditions and safety. These listings provide maps, road descriptions and their opening and closing dates.
|Access for Hunters with Disabilities|
|Hunters and trappers with disabilities can find additional information on the Permits for Hunters with Disabilities page. Permitted persons can access state game lands using ATVs on these designated routes. |
Note: This information is in the process of being updated. Please reach out to the region directly if no routes are listed.
Designated Routes for Horses and Bicycles
|These multi-use roads or trails are open to bicycling and horseback riding at certain times of the year, and under certain restrictions. Riding activities are not permitted (except on Sundays or on roads open to public travel) from the last Saturday in September thru the third Saturday in January, and after 1 p.m. from the second Saturday in April thru the last Saturday in May. This does not apply to anyone lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing on state game lands. Designated routes are posted by the Game Commission as being open to travel by a nonmotorized vehicle, conveyance or animal.|
|Designated routes for snowmobile use on State Game Lands are open, provided there is sufficient snow, from the third Sunday in January through April 1. Riders may only use snowmobiles that are registered and display valid registration decal.
Pennsylvania State Game Lands App
This official Pennsylvania Game Commission app is GPS enabled and designed to provide outdoor enthusiasts with easy access to state game lands. Using your smartphone or tablet's built-in navigation features, it provides turn-by-turn directions to parking lots, shooting ranges and check stations and includes details on seasons and regulations for the destinations you select. It sells for $9.99.
- View destinations on a roadmap, with satellite imagery, or both to allow you to identify the key features of the local area.
- Search for state game lands by number or wildlife management unit (WMU) or list state game lands closest to your present location.
- Enter any Pennsylvania city to search for nearby state game lands.
- Save your favorite destinations for future use
- Use "Report Your Harvest" to phone in or input your harvests and follow turn-by-turn directions to check stations.
- Use "Find Game Commission Facilities" to receive turn-by-turn directions to and contact information for Pennsylvania Game Commission offices and facilities.
Game Lands Special Use Permit
Special Requests to Use State Game Lands Information