The Milk Marketing Law is administered by a 3-member Board. Each member is appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of a majority of the State Senate. The Governor appoints one member as chairman, and another member to represent consumer interests. On May 3, 2011, Governor Corbett named Luke Brubaker Chairman of the Board. The Board members appoint a secretary who is responsible for the administration and daily operation of the Agency. On November 11, 2011, the Board members appointed Tim Moyer as Secretary of the Milk Marketing Board.
Funding for the Milk Marketing Board is derived from license fees and fines. No tax monies from the Commonwealth’s General Fund are appropriated to the Milk Marketing Board.
During the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 Fiscal Years, the Board issued 4,553 licenses. Weigher/samplers comprised the largest group of licenses with 3,310 (73%) certificates being issued. The remaining (27%) were distributed among milk dealers, subdealers, testers, and haulers.
Dealer and Hauler license fees accounted for 97% of the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 receipts received by the Board. The remaining receipts were generated from tester and weigher/sampler certificates, fines, refunds and interest payments.