Crime Victims Compensation Assistance Program
If you have been the victim of a crime, you may be eligible for financial compensation from Pennsylvania’s Victims Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP) operated by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
What types of crimes may be eligible for compensation?

Burglary, robbery, theft, theft by deception, identity theft, homicide, assault, physical and sexual abuse, and certain motor vehicle crimes, such as driving under the influence are examples.
What benefits do older crime victims most often use? 
  • Replacement of cash that has been stolen or defrauded from the victim.
  • Payment of hospital bills, doctor and or dentist bills, physical therapy charges, medications, and ambulance bills.
  • Payment to repair or the replacement of eyeglasses or other corrective lenses, hearing aids, canes, walkers, and dental devices either stolen or damaged as a result of the crime.
  • Payment for home nursing care (including personal hygiene) and services provided by someone who replaces services the victim normally provided himself/herself, but cannot due to the crime.
Where can you get more information and assistance?
  • Your county district attorney’s victim/witness program.
  • Victim assistance programs in your community.
  • Your local Area Agencies on Aging or a local Senior Center.
  • Call Pennsylvania’s Victims Compensation Assistance Program toll-free at 800-233-2339.
  • On the Internet, visit, and click on the “Victims” tab.