||Primarily low interest loans (some grant funding available) to pay for costs associated with design, engineering, and construction of public or private owned drinking water or wastewater systems, non-point source pollution mitigation and municipal storm water projects.
- Owners and/or operators of public water systems, wastewater collection/treatment facilities, or storm water management or other non-point source pollution protection projects.
- Design, engineering and construction costs associated with capital improvement projects with demonstrated water quality benefits.
- House laterals, interior plumbing, curb to curb paving, land and association costs
- Redesign, refinancing, costs associated with litigation
- Costs not associated with the project
Terms and Conditions
- Loans up to $11 million per project for one municipality
- Up to $20 million for more than one municipality
- Up to 100% of the total project costs
How to Apply
- 1% to 4% interest rate, depending upon the resulting user rates in the community
- Terms depending upon the useful life of the asset being financed
- Disbursement based upon reimbursable expenses
- Contact your regional PENNVEST project Specialist for additional information and initial review of eligibility requirements
- Request a Planning Consultation with the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Update your facilities Plan or Ordinance
- Prepare final construction plans, specifications, and any other supporting documents to be used for the construction or installation of the project
- Apply online at the PENNVEST Online Funding Request Website