Request by Mail
- Requests are to be submitted on an Application for Certified Copy of Birth Record and include the signature and photo ID of the individual requesting the record. You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to print the application.
- Applicant must submit legible copy of his or her valid government issued photo identification. Examples of acceptable identification are a state issued driver's license or non-driver photo ID that verifies the eligible requestor's name and current address . Photo identification will be shredded after review.
- If you do not have acceptable photo identification, an eligible requestor possessing government issued photo ID may apply . If an eligible requestor is unable to apply, you may submit a completed Statement from Requestors Not Possessing Acceptable Government-Issued Photo ID with two documents verifying your current address.
- There is a $10.00 fee for each certified copy. Check or money order should be made payable to Vital Records. Fee may be waived if the person applying is an Armed Forces member or related to the Armed Forces member as stated below:
Ø Members of the United States Armed Forces who served or are currently serving.
Ø Legal spouse of the Armed Forces member and widow/widower (unless he or she is remarried).
Ø Dependent child of the Armed Forces member age 18 or under. If over 18 and he or she is unable to provide support for himself or is reported as a dependent on the Armed Forces member’s Federal Income Tax return, documentation is required to prove dependency (example: copy of income tax return, copy of insurance waiver).
- NOTE: The $10.00 fee may be waived for certificates issued of the Armed Forces member, the legal spouse or the dependent child only. Any other relatives of the Armed Forces member are not eligible for the fee waiver.
- The Armed Forces fee waiver does not apply to genealogical requests.
- Typical processing time for certified copies of birth certificates with a date of birth of 1967 to the present is ten to fifteen business days (from the date the check is cashed) which does not include delivery time. For certified copies of birth with a date of birth of prior to 1967, please allow twenty-five to thirty days for processing time, excluding delivery time.
- For faster service ORDER ONLINE.