POWER Library provides access to thousands of full text periodical articles, newspapers, a major encyclopedia, plus photographs, pictures, charts, maps and reference materials for people of all ages.
Pennsylvania State Government Employees (If you are having trouble accessing the databases, contact the person listed below.)
State Library Card Holders
Pennsylvania residents - Go to your local library's website and click on the POWER Library link. To find the website of your local library, go to Pennsylvania Public Libraries on the Web.
Instructions for using POWER Library
- If requested, type in your library card number. If you do not have a library card or the number is not working, please contact your local library.
- Databases are arranged by subjects. Click on a database of your choice.
- Type in your search term(s) and scroll down the page to select additional search options. TIP: Clicking 'full text', searching for related words, or searching within the full text of the article will improve your search on most databases. Enclosing a string of words within quotation marks will search for items with that exact phrase.
- Click the search button, click go or press enter to start your search.
- Some databases may ask you to select additional options.
- Results may be read online, printed, emailed or saved to a storage device.