Foreign Limited Liability Company
A Foreign Limited Liability Company is formed by filing the appropriate form , accompanied by a docketing statement.
- The Foreign Limited Liability Company name must be available for use in Pennsylvania. If the chosen name is not available they may register and transact business under another business name.
- The name of the jurisdiction under the laws of which the limited liability company was organized and the date of its formation must be listed.
- An actual street address or rural route box number must be used as an address. A P.O. Box alone is not acceptable. A Commercial Registered Office Provider's address is acceptable.
- The address of the office required to be maintained in the jurisdiction of its organization by the laws of that jurisdiction or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited liability company..
- The application must be signed by one authorized member.
- If the company is a restricted professional company organized to render restricted professional services they are required to be indicated.
- Chiropractic, dentistry, law, medicine & surgery, optometry, osteopathic medicine & surgery, podiatric medicine, public accounting, psychology, veterinary medicine.
Pursuant to Section 8998(f) of the Limited Liability Company Law of 1994, 15 Pa. C.S., as amended by Act 34 of 2001 (effective August 21, 2001), any domestic or foreign registered restricted professional company in existence on December 31 of any year is required to file a Certificate of Annual Registration
. This form and the corresponding annual registration fee
must be filed on or before April 15th.
Failure to file the Annual Registration will result in additional fees, penalties and interest. A Uniform Commercial Code lien will also be placed against the business until all fees have been satisified.