Federal (Ed-Flex) Waiver Program
The Superintendent shall submit the application for federal waiver. The Superintendent may apply for a federal waiver to any provision of the Education Flexibility Partnership Act of 1999, if the waiver will enable the school district to improve its instructional program or operate in a more effective, efficient or economical manner. An application for a federal waiver shall not be construed to supersede or preempt any provisions noted in the Education Flexibility Partnership Act of 1999. It is the school district’s responsibility to determine that implementation of the federal waiver will be consistent with the terms of any court order, collective bargaining agreement or contract by which the district is bound.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education shall approve, disapprove or request modifications to the application. The Pennsylvania Department of Education shall notify the school district on the status of the application.
- An application for waiver must include the signature of the Superintendent and date signed.
- An application for waiver must include the Federal Program and section to be waived.
- An application for Title I waiver must include Selection of Schools pages. One page completed without the waiver and one page completed with the waiver.
- Additional pages can be used to provide explanations and descriptions for each section.
- Sections must be clearly identified and all pages must be numbered.
- Applications must be addressed to: