These instructions provide you with information regarding the procedure to complete the Fiscal Year 2012–2013 General Operating Support (GOS) Grant Application. In an effort to streamline the GOS application process, you are not required to complete all of the sections on the eGrant Application. The application on the eGrant system is the same one in use for several years but you are not required to complete all of the sections. The maximum award is $50,000. It is recommended that applicants ask for the maximum, however PHMC has the right to adjust the amount of the award depending on the sum of the total amounts requested.
To open a 2012 Application Form
- Access the eGrant website and click "GO" to log on to the eGrant system and access your organization's existing Applicant User Profile.
- If you do not remember your Login/Password Profile, please contact PHMC staff contact to get this information and avoid creating a new registration profile for your organization.
- Once you access your organization's Grant Menu, User goes to bottom of screen. Under "Select an Application Type," User selects "2012 General Operating Support" and clicks "GO!".
- Application will appear at top of Current/Previous Applications list.
- Click on Red Icon of Hammer and Wrench to open and modify application form.
- Users can navigate to each section of application form by using Purple Navigation Bar at top of page or by "Proceed" menu at bottom of page.
- To save data on each page, User should use the "Save and Proceed to" menu at the bottom of page.
- Instructions for each page are available by clicking the Yellow Instructions Box under the Section Heading. Instructions will then open in a separate dialog box.
To complete a 2012 Application Form
For this year's grant round, the following sections must be completed:
- Section I - Applicant Info – Provide or verify accurate information, especially address, contact person (Please use same contact person for Sections E and F if possible), Federal ID Number and Grant Amount Requested which is not to exceed $50,000. You can only apply for a Museum GOS grant
- Please Check "Museums" as you can only apply for a Museum award
- The maximum award is $50,000. It is recommended that applicants ask for the maximum, however PHMC has the right to adjust the amount of the award depending on the sum of the total amounts requested.
- Section II –Scope of Work – This summary is included in the Contract Agreement, Exhibit B. Please insert the following sentence in this section:
- Funding will be used for administrative and operating support for the organization.
- Section III – Organization Information - Provide accurate information for all subsections, especially operating budget amount for your most recently completed fiscal year. This figure will be used to verify eligibility and determine the award amount.
- Section VII – Grant Budget – Provide a detailed proposed budget for the Categories of Expenditures. You must enter a description in the Categories of Expenditures column. You must identify use of PHMC Funds. There is no need to identify match Funds.
- Section IX - Checklist and Section X – Certification
- Summary – Print out Submittal Version. You should retain a copy for your records and you must mail a hard copy to PHMC to address identified on Checklist section.
- eGrant Submission – When you are finished with application, click "Submit My Application to electronically submit application. An email confirmation will be sent to you and PHMC.
For this year's grant round, the following sections are not required to be completed:
- Section IV – Historic Property Information
- Section V – Organization Operating Budget History (Operating Income and Expense)
- Section VI – Organizational Summary
- Section VIII – Matching Share
The GOS Grant Application is now open on the eGrant website.
Time Out Feature Warning
Please be aware that there is a 15-minute time out feature on the eGrant System. If you do not actively save your application material every 15 minutes, the eGrant system may not retain the information you are entering. If you have experienced the loss of information, the Time Out feature is the most likely reason. To avoid the loss of application information, PHMC suggests that you press the "Save and Proceed" selection at the bottom of each page every ten minutes to insure your material is saved on a regular basis.