Academic Standards for Career Education and Work - Career Education and Work Standards describe what students should know and be able to do at four grade levels (3, 5, 8 and 11) in four areas:
- 13.1 Career Awareness and Preparation
- 13.2 Career Acquisition (Getting a Job)
- 13.3 Career Retention and Advancement
- 13.4 Entrepreneurship
Tools for Developing a Comprehensive K-12 Guidance & Counseling Plan (PDF) - These tools were developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for use by all school districts in Pennsylvania. A committee of school counselors met and developed these tools as a companion guide for practical implementation of a comprehensive K-12 school counseling / guidance plan. This document provides school district counselors with a step-by-step process, a framework, resources and best practice models for developing their district plan. In Pennsylvania, school counselors are integral in the academic, career and personal/social development of all PreK-12 students in the Commonwealth.
Online Curriculum Resources:
- PA Career Standards Toolkit - This electronic toolkit provides resources, references, crosswalks and other tools to assist elementary, middle and high schools teachers and administrators in implementing the Pennsylvania (PA) Career Education and Work Standards.
- PA CareerZone - PDE sponsored site for students to Assess career interests linked to PA specific O*NET materials; portfolios; budgeting and career acquisition; and college and training information.