The Foundational Academy assists new victim service professionals and professionals with new RASA/VOJO responsibilities to identify and understand their roles and job responsibilities as outlined by Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency’s (PCCD’s) Consolidated Victim Service Standards.
The Foundational Academy consists of three (3) components totaling 40 hours. These components include:
1) An eight (8) hour program-specific orientation training provided by the hiring agency.
2) A three-day (18 hour) classroom-training component.
3) An "online, independent study" component consisting of online courses and reading assignments that participants complete on their own (14 hours). Participants may begin the "online, independent study" component at any time; however, it must be completed within 30 days of attending the classroom component. Information on the requirements and all materials needed for the "online, independent study” portion of the training are available through PDAI’s Foundational Academy Google Group.
The Foundational Academy is a mandatory training for all newly hired victim service staff governed under PCCD's Consolidated Victim Service Program Standards.
You must attend:
1) If your position is PCCD-funded through RASA and/or VOJO grants.
2) If your position is VOCA-funded and you are not governed by PCADV, PCAR, MADD or NCA standards.
This training is supported by a grant awarded to the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute (PDAI) by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD).
If you have questions about any part of the Foundational Academy being offered by PDAI, please contact Lisabeth Capozzi, Victim Witness Training Coordinator, at 717-238-5416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.