Employment opportunities within the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs include:
- Headquarters: DMVA Headquarters is located at Ft. Indiantown Gap in Lebanon County. The Department employs maintenance and trades professionals, engineers, clerical staff, firefighters, security and police, purchasing agents, and a wide variety of administrative professionals. Information on job opportunities at Ft. Indiantown Gap can be viewed here.
- PA National Guard: The PA National Guard consists of numerous armories and air bases located throughout the commonwealth. The Department employs maintenance and custodial staff. Information on job opportunities at PA National Guard armories and air bases can be viewed here.
- Veterans' Homes: There are six Veterans' Homes located throughout the commonwealth. The Veterans' Homes employ food service workers, custodial and maintenance staff, administrative and clerical staff, and a wide variety of nursing and healthcare professionals. Information on job opportunities at our Veterans' Homes can be viewed here.
There are two general types of employment available with the DMVA: Civil Service and Non-Civil Service.
- Civil Service employment is the responsibility of the State Civil Service Commission.
- Non-Civil Service employment is the responsibility of the Bureau of State Employment.
The commonwealth offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The benefits package includes medical benefits, supplemental health benefits, mental health/substance abuse benefits, leave and holidays, group life insurance, retirement, deferred compensation, and numerous other benefits.
DMVA Human Resources Service Center
Bldg. S-0-47, Ft. Indiantown Gap
Annville, Pennsylvania 17003-5002
Phone: (717) 861-6993