To print legal size documents, continue here:
- To change the paper size for your printer, DO NOT click on the “File” menu at the top of the window and then select “Print”. Making paper size changes in that manner will not affect the paper size that Acrobat will use to print the document. The paper size change must be made as specified below.
- Within the Acrobat window and immediately above the open document you should see a row of Acrobat icons. Click on the printer icon. An Acrobat “Print” dialog box will open.
- Look for the check box entitled "Choose Paper Source by PDF page size" (image a). If this option is available to you check the box.
This should change the paper size to legal. (image b)
Click "OK" and the legal size document should print.
If this does not work then proceed to the following directions.
- In the lower right hand portion of the dialog box you should see a picture of the first page of the document you have open (image c). The picture is labeled with the page dimensions (usually 8 ½ x 11 as that is the default). If the document you want to print is 8 ½ x 14 you will need to change that picture so it shows the 8 ½ x 14 dimensions. Do the following:
- Find the top of the Acrobat print dialog box where the name of your printer is shown. Immediately to the right of the printer name should be a “Properties” button (image d). Click the properties button.
- What you see now will depend on your printer. However, somewhere within the now open printer properties dialog box you will find a place that will allow you to change the paper size from “Letter” to “Legal.”
For example: you may see one or more tabs at the top of the dialog box. One of the tabs will provide access to your paper size settings. On most dialog boxes the paper size settings will be accessed via a button near the bottom of the box labeled “Advanced.” Click it, find the paper size selection (you may have to click on a plus sign along the left side of the box to open the paper size selections) and select “legal” or “8 ½ x 14” as your paper size.
- Click “OK” until you are back at the “Print” dialog box. Click “OK” one last time and the document should print correctly.
- To go back to letter size documents, go through the process again, and click letter.
Modified Date: 09/03/2009 08:57 AM