The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections hosts the Virtual Visitation Program in cooperation with ScotlandYard Security Services. This program affords inmates, placed far from home, the chance to visit via videoconferencing with their families. We are pleased to offer the following three (3) Virtual Visitation Centers where visitors can virtually visit:
Philadelphia, PA Pittsburgh, PA Erie, PA
The Allegheny Business Center 5001 Baum Blvd, Suite 410 The Booker T. Washington Center
2243 W. Allegheny Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1720 Holland Street
Philadelphia, PA 19132 412.687.4851 Erie, PA 16503
215.320.5510 814.455.1097 or 1098
ScotlandYard Toll Free: 877.658.8474
Virtual Visitation is available at the following facilities:
Albion Dallas Muncy
Cambridge Springs Greene Pine Grove
Coal Township Mahanoy
An inmate wishing to participate in the program directs his/her request to the Facility's Virtual Visitation Facility Coordinator who provides the inmate with a packet regarding the program. This information packet includes the relevant policy. Upon admittance to the program the inmate must sign an agreement to abide by the policy. Anyone on the inmate's approved visiting list may visit the inmate via virtual visitation.
Virtual Visitation Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How can family/loved ones visit? Approved visitors of participating inmates can call ScotlandYard and schedule an appointment. In order to be an approved visitor you must be on the inmate’s visiting list.
2. How many people can visit at one time? ScotlandYard does not set limits, but keep in mind that visiting rooms comfortably hold four (4) adults and two (2) children.
3. Can children and infants visit? Absolutely! We encourage them to come with adult supervision however they must bring ID- birth certificate or a social security card.
4. Do approved visitors need to bring ID? YES! Adults should bring two (2) forms of ID, including one (1) with a photo. Children and infants must also have proper ID. Passports, driver’s licenses, non-driver IDs, social security cards, birth certificates, medical insurance cards and voter registration cards are accepted. No one will be admitted without proper ID.
5. Where do visits take place? All three (3) locations listed above.
6. What time should visitors arrive? Visitors should arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes early to complete paperwork.
7. How long are the visits? Fifty-five (55) minutes.
8. How much does it cost? Only $20 per visit (cash, money order, credit card or pay pal).
9. Is there anything else approved visitors should know? Yes, cell phones are not permitted. You must abide by ALL visiting guidelines established by he DOC or you risk removal from being an approved visitor. Eating, drinking and smoking are also not permitted in the visitation room.