Check Casher Licensing Act - 63 P.S. § 2301 et seq.

Payroll Debit Cards

Letter states that license is not required under the CCLA or MTA to conduct payroll debit card program.

Gift Cards Issued by Retail Stores

Letter states that retailer offering gift cards in a “closed system” is not required to be licensed under the Check Casher Licensing Act or Money Transmitter Act, and is not engaging in the business of accepting money for deposit or transmission within the meaning of Section 105 of the Banking Code.