Maintain Your License

There are certain requirements that are needed to maintain your license such as renewing your license and continuing education.  

License Renewals - Depending on which license you hold your license may renew biennially or annually. Renewal notices are sent approximately 60 days prior to your present license expiration date. However, it is the responsibility of each licensee to ensure that their licenses are current and do not lapse.  At this time lapsed licenses cannot be renewed online.  Renewal forms can be found in the chart below by clicking on appropriate license type. 

Lapsed License Renewal Forms:

For your convenience, there are two options you can take advantage of to renew your license, online or by mail. 

Most Effective Method: 

Online Renewal - The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is committed to continually improving the service provided to insurance producers, other licensees and companies through the use of technology. As part of this commitment, we have contracted with Sircon and the National Insurance Producer Registry to provide cost effective, web-based services that allow insurance companies and licensees to process online requests such as appointments and terminations, apply for a license or renew an active license in minutes. By using technology it extends the time you can gain access to department services to 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and does not limit you to normal business office hours. We hope you appreciate and utilize this increased level of access to the department’s services.

Alternative Method:

Renewal by Mail - Please allow up to six weeks under this option. Mail your payment, check payable to "Pennsylvania Insurance Department," along with the properly completed renewal invoice directly to:

Pennsylvania Insurance Department
Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
1227 Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120

Points to Remember - All questions on the form must be accurately completed and the appropriate renewal fee must be paid.  If you are required to complete continuing education you must be current on all your continuing education requirements. If the renewal application is not correctly completed, the fee not paid or your continuing education is not compliant, the license will not renew.

Forms and Applications  Other Business Forms
 Insurance Administrator (TPA)  Add/Remove Surplus Lines Affiliation
 Insurance Producer (Resident Individual)  Add/Remove Designated Licensee Form
 Insurance Producer (Resident Business Entity)  Change of Name and Address Form (Individual)
 Insurance Producer (Non-Resident Individual)  Change of Name and Address Form (Business)
 Insurance Producer (Non-Resident Business Entity)  Continuing Education Declaration
 Managing General Agent  Duplicate License Request
 Exclusive General Agent  Fictitious Name/Trading As Name Form
 Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser  Fictitious or Business Entity Name Approval Form
 Premium Finance  Insurance Producer List Request
 Professional Bondsman  Letter of Certification
 Public Adjuster (Individual)  Letter of Clearance Request Form
 Public Adjuster (Corporation)  License History Request
 Reinsurance Intermediary Broker  Monthly Appointment Activity Report Form
 Reinsurance Intermediary Manager  
 Surplus Lines (Individual)  
 Surplus Lines (Business Entity)  
 Title Insurance (Individual)  
 Title Insurance (Business Entity)  
 Viatical Settlement Broker (Individual)  
 Viatical Settlement Broker (Business Entity)  
 Viatical Settlement Provider  

Continuing Education - As an additional protection to Pennsylvania’s insurance consumers, continuing education (CE) is one tool the department uses to ensure ongoing technical and professional competency of its licensed insurance professionals. Act 147 of 2002 gives the department limited authority to waive CE requirements on an individual basis. Typically these waivers are a result of military service or other well-documented extenuating circumstances.  

Act 147 of 2002, effective June 4, 2003, requires licensed insurance producers to complete continuing education credits to maintain their license.  Failure to complete the minimum 24-hour requirement during your two-year licensing cycle will result in the voluntary termination of your license. 

Insurance Producers and Title Agents - Please visit the following website for information regarding pre-licensing and continuing education requirements:  For individual continuing education transcripts or to access a listing of approved course providers and courses, go to or click the Sircon logo below: 


Providers - Please visit the following website for information regarding continuing education and pre-licensing education for the Pennsylvania Insurance Department: For continuing education provider and course applications, and instructor verifications contact:

PSI Regional Processing Center

Attn:  PA INS
309 West Washington Street, Suite 200
Chicago, IL  60606
Toll Free:  844-889-8970

Web site:


Need more information?

Still can't find what you are looking for? If you still have questions, email us at or contact us at 717-787-3840, option 3.