PA Statewide Immunization
Information System (PA SIIS)
Managed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Pennsylvania Statewide Immunization Information System (PA-SIIS) is a statewide immunization registry that collects vaccination history information. It was developed to achieve complete and timely immunization for all people, particularly in the age group most at risk, birth through two years of age.
The PA-SIIS helps to serve the public health goal of preventing the spread of vaccine preventable diseases. A major barrier to reaching this goal is the continuing difficulty of keeping immunization records accurate and up to date. The PA-SIIS addresses this problem by capturing immunization information from health care providers and storing this information in one central location. If a patient receives immunizations from more than one health care provider, the PA-SIIS consolidates the immunization information from all providers to create a complete and current record. This assists health care providers to age-appropriately immunize all patients in their care.
For more information please view our brochure and demo.
- Provide a system for the electronic capture, secure storage, and confidential management of demographic and vaccine information of all Pennsylvania residents
- Meet the Health People 2010 objective of increasing the proportion of children under six years of age participating in a fully operational population-based immunization registry to 95 percent
- Operate a system, which conforms to the 12 Minimum Functional Standards for immunization registries, as recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of all demographic and vaccine information housed in the registry and in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Patient confidentiality is protected by providing log-on identifications and passwords
- Provide PA-SIIS users with ability to identify patients who are overdue or will be coming due for immunizations
- Provide PA-SIIS users with the ability to query the registry for patient and immunization information
- Provide PA-SIIS users with the ability to update the demographic and immunization information in the registry
- Provide PA-SIIS users with the ability to generate official immunization records for their patients
- Provide a means for PA-SIIS users to monitor immunization coverage levels and vaccine inventory
Current Provice Login
Meaningful Use Declaration of Readiness