The Department of Health provides loan repayment opportunities as an incentive to recruit and to retain primary care practitioners willing to serve underserved Pennsylvania residents and to make a commitment to practicing in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas.
Pennsylvania Primary Health Care Loan Repayment Program
Practice Site Application
LRP Practice Site Application (On-line)
Site Application Instructions & Guide
LRP PRACTITIONER APPLICATIONS ARE NOT CURRENTLY BEING ACCEPTED
A Request for Applications for the program is anticipated to be announced in the Fall of 2014.
Submit an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be notified when a new application cycle opens.
Primary Care Loan Repayment Application:
Request for Applications: LRP Application (On-line)
Applicants will not be able to complete an application until their employer has submitted a Loan Repayment Practice Site Application and it has been approved by the Department.
Full-time and Half-time Two Year Contracts:
Physicians & Dentists: Up to $100,000 Full-time; Up to $50,000 Half-time
Other Practitioners: Up to $60,000 Full-time; Up to $30,000 Half-time
Eligible participants include:
- Family Practice Physicians
- General Internal Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Osteopathic General Practice
- General Dentists
- Dental Hygiensts
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Physician Assistants
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (employed at primary care clinic only)
- Licensed Professional Counselors (employed at primary care clinic only)
- Marriage and Family Therapists (employed at primary care clinic only)
- Psychologists (employed at primary care clinic only)
Use Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view forms.