PDE Search

Closed School Records
Obtaining a Transcript When Your School Has Closed

Every private licensed school is required to have arrangements with a repository that will hold the academic records after the school closes.  If your private licensed school has closed, you should be able to obtain a copy of your transcript by contacting the designated repository.  For a list of closed schools and the designated repository, click on  Closed School Records (PDF).

The repository may charge a reasonable processing fee.

Please note that the repository is not required to maintain a copy of diplomas.  The transcript constitutes the academic record that is maintained by the repository.

If your school is not listed please contact the Division of Higher & Career Education at (717) 783-8228.

For additional information, please contact:

Division of Higher & Career Education |
Pennsylvania Department of Education - Postsecondary and Adult Education
333 Market Street. 12th Fl | Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
Phone: 717.783.8228 | Fax: 717.772.3622
ra-pls@pa.gov | www.education.state.pa.us