Freedom of Information Act
To provide guidance for requesting Pennsylvania National Guard federal records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552.
1. Requests under FOIA for a copy of Pennsylvania National Guard records can be made by any individual or public or private organization other than a Federal agency.
2. The request must (1) be in writing (2) specifically cite the Freedom of Information Act, (3) reasonably describe the records sought, and (4) indicate a willingness to pay all fees or fees up to a specific amount, or ask for a fee waiver.
3. Requests for Pennsylvania Army National Guard records of a federal related nature should be sent here NGPA.FOIA@ng.army.mil or addressed and mailed to:
ATTN: Freedom of Information Act Officer
Annville , PA 17003-5002
4. Requests for Pennsylvania National Guard records of a state related nature are handled by Pennsylvania ’s Right to Know Law (RTKL). More information about RTKL can be found here:
5. If you are looking for Pennsylvania Air National Guard records you can make your request here http://www.ang.af.mil/foia/index.asp.
6. Additional information can be obtained from AR 25-55.
Questions can be directed to the DCSIM/J6 Freedom of Information Act Office at 717-861-2052 or faxed to 717-861-2290.
Requesters may convey customer satisfaction or concerns to the following NGB POC: ARNG FOIA Officer, Ms. Jennifer Nikolaisen at 703-607-3195 or at FOIA@ng.army.mil.