PHMC has available a wide variety of public history programs and services that educate, inform, and provide resources for management of historical and cultural resources throughout the Commonwealth.
These include conferences, workshops, events, publications, historic sites and museums, ongoing programs and services, on-site consultation and web-based information and databases. The PHMC also has available a variety of grant programs for museums, historical societies, local governments, and other non-profits that preserve and interpret historic artifacts, documents, and structures. Such programs educate and engage the public in state, regional, and local history.
Historic Preservation Services
Historical Marker Program
National Register of Historic Places
PHMC Annual Themes
Pennsylvania Heritage Society Events
Support for annual conferences and events of the:
- PA Historical Association
- PA Federation of Museums and Historical Organizations
- PA Humanities Council's Commonwealth Speakers Program
- Society for Pennsylvania Archeology
- The Statewide Conference on Heritage
- Pennsylvania Archeological Council
- National History Day in Pennsylvania