Services for State Government Employees
The State Library of Pennsylvania provides information for Pennsylvania State Government employees and citizens while collecting and preserving our written heritage through materials published, for, by and about Pennsylvania.
Library services include:
- Library Card - apply online for a library card
- State Library Catalog - search the online catalog
- Librarian assistance - use the online reference form to request help from a librarian to answer questions, search the library's collection, find state and federal legislation, regulations and publications, assist with literature searches of specific topics, retrieve citations or full-text of articles, and much more.
- E-ZBorrow - "do-it-yourself" direct book borrowing program. Books are available from the 68 academic libraries that participate in the Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium
- Electronic Resources - search the electronic resources available through the State Library
- Interlibrary Loan-Book - use the online form to request a book not owned by the State Library
- Interlibrary Loan-Journal Article - use the online form to request a journal article not owned by the State Library
- Library Tours - request a tour of the State Library for yourself, students or other groups
- Telephone Reference Service - available for state employees on state business at 717-783-KNOW (717-783-5669)