State Architects Licensure Board
Licensure Information

Board Services
Board Forms                 

Board Services

Law and rules and regulations - Hard copies are available from the Board office upon request.  Remember to include your mailing address with your request.

Name Change - Will be made only when a copy of an official document (marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order) is submitted with a letter of request.  The fee for a duplicate license is $5.00 (check or money order) payable to the Commonwealth of PA.

Address Change - Written requests should include the old address, new address and license number and/or social security number.  The Board must be notified within 10 days of any change in address.  The Board will now accept a home address in addition to the business address.  The business address must be maintained by the Board and be available to the public upon request. 

**For your convenience, you may download the Request for Changes to an Individual License to report a name change, address change or to request a duplicate license.

Request for Certification of Licensure/Examination Scores - A written request and the appropriate fee must be forwarded to the Board office OR you may submit your request on the Board's form Request for Certification of Licensure. This form may be downloaded or requested by calling the Board office at 717-783-3397. A written request must include name, current address, license number (if applicable), social security number, and a postage-paid, addressed envelope where the completed certification should be mailed.

The fees for this service are as follows:

Verification of License - $15.00

Certification of License and Exam Scores - $25.00

Make fees payable to the "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania." NOTE: A $20.00 processing fee will be assessed for any payment returned by your bank, regardless of the reason for non-payment.

Back to Top

Board application forms are available to be downloaded.  

Architect Examination Approval Application
Application for Firm Registration
Architect Reciprocal Registration Application without NCARB Certification
Reciprocal Licensing Application with NCARB Certification
Application for Architect Registration
Request for Certification of Licensure
Request for Changes to an Individual License
Request for Architecture Firm Name Approval 
Request for Non-Architecture Firm Name Approval
Request for Fictitious Name Approval

Employment History

Verification of Education

Reference Form 

Questions regarding practice of this profession may be directed to the Office of the State Board: 

Board Administrator, State Architects Licensure Board, P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA  17105-2649, (717) 783-3397. 


Back to Top

Board Examination Information:

Architect Registration Examination 

For examination application contact:  National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) at 202-783-6500. The examination is administered by the Chauncey Group International and (NCARB).  Examinations are administered at Prometric Test Centers by appointment only.  There is no deadline to apply. 

Back to Top

License renewal cycle and fees:
Licenses expire June 30 of every odd-numbered year.  The board mails renewal notices two to three months prior to the license expiration date.  Notices are mailed to the most recent address the licensee has reported to the Board.  The Postal Service does not forward licenses.
The Biennial renewal fee is $100.00.
Reactivation Information:
If your license has expired you should contact the Board Office either by phone 717-783-3397 or by email: to request a reactivation application.
Back to Top

State Architects Licensure Board
P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649
Phone - (717) 783-3397
Fax - (717) 705-5540

Modified Date: 05/29/2014 04:52 PM