|Criminal Record Check :
A new Criminal History Record Check must be completed and provided to the Board office by:
- All initial applicants
- A licensee that is reactivating a license that does not have a current expiration date
- Each officer of a new corporation
- A new officer of an existing corporation
- A licensee or applicant with an application pending in the Board office for three months or more, awating additional information
A license may be:
- Current/Not Current - This refers to the expiration date.
- If the license has not reached the expiration date it is current.
- If the license has passed the expiration date it is not current.
- Active/Inactive - This refers to the status of the license. A license may be either active or inactive while still being current.
You may request a Criminal History Record Check by contacting the State Police of the state in which you reside.
Pennsylvania residents may obtain a record check from the Pennsylvania State Police website: P.A.T.C.H.
Non-Pennsylvania residents may check the following list for out-of-state criminal history contacts to acquire the appropriate background check.
State Police Criminal History - Out of State List
PLEASE NOTE - The Criminal History Background Check is only valid for a period of 90 days and must include the Social Security Number and Date of Birth of the individual. Any questions about your Criminal History Background Check should be directed to the State Police. Criminal Record Criteria:
If your Criminal History Background Check reveals a conviction of either a felony or misdemeanor offense (summary offenses are NOT included), please refer to the following list of documents that must accompany your application for EACH conviction, regardless of the time elapsed since the conviction: Criminal Record Criteria