Testing Requirements in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania requires assessments of all candidates in basic skills, general knowledge, professional knowledge and subject area knowledge before a certificate may be issued to an applicant. In this section, you will find the most current information on the test rules, the specific tests required for certification, minimum scores for passing, alternative methods of scoring, advice on preparing for the tests and links to register. Links are also provided at the end of this page to the Student Teacher Assessment information and forms.
Contents (click on any link below to view):
· Instructional I Certificate
· Educational Specialist Certificate
· Administrative Certificate
- Vocational Certificates
- Instructional Add-Ons
Certification Testing and Scores (PDF) - updated August 2013 Also refer to Testing Requirements by Certificate Type above.
· New Assessments for New Programs
· New Program Test Substitutes until April 2, 2012
· Updated Test Codes and Qualifying Scores effective September 1, 2011
· Updated Assessment Scheduled for Review in 2011 Links to Student Teacher Assessment Forms