Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) and
Professional Educator Records Management System (PERMS)
Click on logo to access TIMS
TIMS will be unavailable Fridays from 7:30-8:00 am for upgrades.
The new Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) is now operational and all applications must be entered into TIMS. We will no longer request or accept complete paper applications.
How to Obtain Assistance (PDF) March 2013
Note: The Health Certificate is now available on the website.
You must remember that some evidence must be submitted on paper. Please see below for more information on submission of evidence. Some requirements must be scanned and attached or mailed in as paper documents.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this major improvement in certification services.
Applying for Educator Certification through the New Teacher Information Management System (TIMS):
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is requiring all applications for credentials be completed and submitted through the new Teacher Information Management System (TIMS).
NOTICE: Call Center Schedule Change. Due to the volume of applications received and the transition to the new TIMS system, the Bureau of School Leadership and Teacher Quality Call Center will now be closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays until further notice. Call Center hours will be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. We appreciate your patience and understanding through this transition process. The call center staff are prepared to provide timely and accurate service to the Commonwealth's educational community regarding teacher certification and staffing issues. You can reach the call center at 717-PA TEACH (728-3224).
TIMS uses a help desk support system to track all issues within TIMS, ALL questions concerning TIMS must be submitted through the help desk support system. The system may be accessed from the Help & Support link.
Note: If you are having a problem with your login id or basic permission issues, please call 888-498-8129. For local Harrisburg area users, call 717-506-2317. This includes issues with existing passwords, new passwords sent to you via the Forgot Password help option, creating new accounts - email address already on file, user id already in use or issues regarding changing profile information within your portal account. They can also answer basic access questions for PDE's portal applications. Remember, please wait at least 30 minutes before using a new password sent to you via the Forgot Password help option. This help desk is available six days each week from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday. NO SUNDAY or HOLIDAY HOURS.
TIMS User Guides
TIMS Frequently Asked Questions - We have put together a frequently asked questions section based on user feedback.
The Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) allows the exchange of data among several existing applications currently used by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to collect and manage data related to professional educators. TIMS also incorporates an online certification process that will replace the current Teacher Certification System (TCS).
- A central site for processing and collecting data related to professional educators, including certifications, designations, disciplinary actions and highly qualified teacher qualifications;
- A link between an educator's employment data and certification record
- An internal database which will allow for the sharing of information between PDE's many bureaus;
- A streamlined system for submitting, processing and approving teacher certifications
- An online teacher certification system, providing a two-way line of communication between PDE and applicants, educators, local educational agencies (LEA), institutions of higher education (IHE) and Educator Preparation Programs;
- The ability for users to complete payment transactions online to pay certification fees;
- A personalized "dashboard" for applicants, educators, LEAs and IHEs to better manage certification applications and requirements workload.
- A streamlined system for submitting, processing and approving public librarians and Certificates of Preliminary Education for Funeral Directors and Nursing Students.
TIMS affects everyone in the educational community, Teachers, School Administrators, college students entering the education profession, Colleges, Universites and other Educator Preparation Programs, and parents and families. Learn More