Registration is now available through Enterprise Learning Managmement System (E-LMS) for all Commonwealth Employees under the Governor's jurisdiction. All other State employees should email RA-StateRecordsMgmt@pa.gov or call 717-783-7330. NOTE: THESE ARE CLASSROOM TRAININGS, NOT WEB-BASED.
To register for classes:
- Log into E-LMS. (https://lms.state.pa.us/lms-lmm/loginForm.do)
- Click on "Student Catalog."
- Click on "Course Offerings."
- Continue down the list of offerings to "Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission" and click on it.
- Click on "Records Management."
- The courses available will be displayed.
- Click on "View Offerings and Enrollment" of the class, then click on "Enroll."
Classroom training available this Spring:
1.) Records Management Briefing for New Agency Records Coordinators (RCs) This full-day session provides information on the job function of an agency Records Coordinators and Alternates. This briefing provides the following:
- Commonwealth Records Management Program Overview
- Tour of the State Records Center
- Review and use of the Commonwealth’s Records Retention and Disposition Schedules
2.) Scheduling Records – Completing the Forms!
This session is designed for Agency Records Coordinators (RC’s), Alternate RC’s, and their designated agency records liaisons that are responsible for scheduling agency records. The objective of this course is to take the guess work out of how to complete and will go over the step by step the process of adding, amending or deleting records from an agency retention and disposition schedule. This session will:
- Review the scheduling process
- Provide detailed instructions and handouts
- Address specific scheduling questions
- Identify common mistakes
Registration requirement: Records Coordinators should attend "PHMC Records Management Briefing for New Agency Records Coordinators (RC's)."
3). Computer Files Management
|This session is designed for Records Coordinators, Alternates and records liaisons that are responsible for creating and maintaining records on computer files and assisting others on managing e-files. The class will cover
- the organization, maintenance and disposition of files (primarily created from Microsoft Office products) stored on shared drives and unshared drives.
- naming conventions for folders and files
- organizing folders for retention management
- and how to manage shared folders.
Class space is limited, so enroll in selected courses early.