3. (NEW) Is it possible to weed out past grants when searching for a grant number? It would be nice to be able to search only open/approved grants, rather than all grants under a particular recipient.
PCCD is working on the development of search criteria that addresses this request. In the meantime, "Quick Links" are available to quickly select "In Process" and "Awarded" grants.
4. (NEW) How do I proceed if I am having difficulty getting into Egrants after the initial training?
Call the Egrants Help Desk when this occurs at (717) 787-5887, or (800) 692-7292, option 9 then option 6 (toll-free in PA).
5. (NEW) I find that I am listed as a contact person for several grants not belonging to my area. What should I do?
Call the Egrants Help Desk when this occurs at (717) 787-5887, or (800) 692-7292, option 9 then option 6 (toll-free in PA)
6. (NEW) I would like to be able to edit entered responses using spell check without having to cut and paste the various sections into Egrants from WORD. Any suggestions?
This can easily be accomplished on the user's end. There are low-cost tools, i.e. Jspell that you can install on your browser that will allow you to use spell check for any web site. There is no intent by PCCD to add this functionality at this time
7. (NEW) When I receive an issue or comment am I required to respond to it or to just go in to the Egrants system and correct whatever needs addressed?
It should be noted in the issue/comment you receive as to whether you need to respond or just make a correction or both. If you do have a question, please contact the PCCD staff person who communicated the issue/comment to you.
8. (NEW) Our agency needs more than a few days to respond to a funding announcement. Would it be possible to schedule at the beginning of the calendar year so we can plan for when each grant is due?
Generally speaking, funding announcements are posted 4-6 weeks prior to the date applications are required for submission. It is suggested that External Users make it a practice to check www.pccd.state.pa.us often for new funding opportunities
9. (NEW) What can be done to improve Egrants? We find the operation of the Web site not very intuitive.
We review and consider all requests. Please submit any specific requests to Egrantssupport@pa.gov
10. (NEW) How can I be certain that changes made to my application/report are actually changed?
Whenever you make changes to an application/report, make sure to "Save" your work. You can assure yourself the changes were made by closing out of Egrants and logging back in and checking to make sure the changes are still there.
11. (NEW) How can I be certain that changes made to my application/report are actually returned to PCCD?
By checking the "Status" of the grant, you can tell if the grant, in the case of an application, is still in an "Open-Returned" status or if the grant was sent back to PCCD as "Open-Received." In the case of a report, check the status to see if it is in a "Draft" status, which means it has not been returned or in a "Submitted" status, which means that it has been returned.
12. (NEW) What can I do when I experience a freeze-up or am unable to login to Egrants?
Call the Egrants Help Desk when this occurs at (717) 787-5887 or (800) 692-7292, option 9 then option 6 (toll-free in PA).
13. (NEW) Are more regional/local Egrants trainings planned?
No. At this point, there are no additional trainings planned. We are encouraging the use of the Egrants Help Center, which contains documents that walk you through the various processes in Egrants
14. (NEW) Why can I not print applications or reports?
The ability to print applications or reports exists within Eggrants. Look for the printer image icon while working in Egrants. For further information, consult the following Quick Start Guides:
15. (NEW) Could reminders be sent when forms, audit plans and other reports are due?
Reminders via Work Manager are operational within Egrants. Audit Plans are no longer done and the EEOP Certification Form is completed within Egrants as part of the application.
If you still cannot find the answer to your question/problem, please determine whom you should contact by the nature of your question/problem as follows:
If you have a question of a fiscal nature, contact the fiscal staff person indicated on the Funding Announcement or the Main Summary page of the Application that you create.
If you have a programmatic question, contact the programmatic staff person also indicated on the Funding Announcement and the Main Summary page of the Application that you create.
To help maximize the availability of technical assistance for all subgrantees, the following contact should be used only if you have a technical question: the PCCD Egrants Help Desk at (800) 692-7292, option 9 then option 6 or (717) 787-5887. The PCCD Egrants Help Desk hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time.