Search the Civil Service
Commission Document Library:

Jobseekers > Veterans >
Contact Information

Veterans' Contact Information


If you have questions about specific eligibility periods, documents necessary to establish veterans’ preference or other related questions, call (717) 787-6039. Text Telephone (717) 772-2685 (deaf/hard-of-hearing callers) or write to:

Veterans’ Preference
Veterans' Preference and Certification Division 
State Civil Service Commission
P.O. Box 569
Harrisburg, PA 17108-0569

Or email:

Or fax:
(717) 783-0419

If you need to obtain copies of your military record, call (866) 272-6272, or write to:

General Services Administration
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Or, if you were discharged after 1994 and have registered your documents with the PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, call (717) 861-8910 or 1-800-547-2838 or write to:

Veterans Service Officer
Department of Military
and Veterans Affairs
Building P-0-47
Fort Indiantown Gap
Annville, PA 17003-5002

Or visit: to request a copy.