Blind Veterans Pension
Purpose: Provides eligible blind veterans a pension of $150.00 per month.
Veteran’s eligibility criteria:
- Served in the military honorably.
- Resident of Pennsylvania upon entering the military.
- Suffered a service-connected injury or incurred a disease which resulted in loss of vision:
- Visual acuity with correcting lens is 3/60 or 10/200 or equivalent, or less normal vision in the better eye or,
- Includes circumstances where the widest diameter of the visual field of the better eye has contracted to an angular distance of not greater than 20º.
Statute: Chapter 77, Title 51
Chapter 77, Title 51 (Increased amount of pension to $100)
Chapter 77, Title 51 (Increased amount of pension to $150)
Procedures: Chapter 5, Title 43
Where to apply?
Contact the County Veterans Affairs Director in the county you reside to apply for this program.
What documentation is needed to apply?
- Need a copy of last military service DD214
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency upon entering the military
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs disability claim number