Agencies can connect people in multiple locations with real-time images and sound with video conferencing. OA-Information Technology can connect agency video conferencing locations, or agencies can use one of the 3 commonwealth-owned Governor’s media sites.
Set up a video conference:
- Determine the date, time, duration and preferred video conference locations.
- Identify a site coordinator for each location. The coordinator should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the conference to ensure connectivity.
- Read the important information below about OA-Information Technology video conferencing services before scheduling a conference.
- This manual provides additional instructions on setting up a video conference.
Governor’s media sites
Submit an order to use the Governor's media sites using the enterprise services management system (ESMS). The charge is $30 per hour, per site for use of the equipment. Governor’s media sites are:
- Commonwealth Technology Center
1 Technology Park, Harrisburg | Conference Rooms 1, 2 and 4
- Finance Building
North Drive & Commonwealth Avenue, Harrisburg | Room 500
- 801 Market Street, Philadelphia | 6th Floor Corinthian Room
Non-Governor's media sites
To have locations of different media formats (IP or ISDN) linked together or to connect to an ISDN location from a Governor's media site (IP), use of a bridge is necessary. Use ESMS to submit an order for a bridge. The charge is $40 per hour, per site connected to the bridge. If you do need to use a Governor's media site, the $30 per hour site charge also applies.
All new sites need to be tested before being used for a video conference. To request testing, e-mail email@example.com. Requests for new site tests should be submitted a minimum of 5 business days before a video conference.
Find a site
You can find video conference sites using the site search. Contact the site owner for more information, including availability and costs. Penn State University also offers video conference locations.
If you are having trouble with a conference call and need immediate assistance, please call 717.418.0652. This manual provides additional instructions on setting up a video conference.
Important Information About OA-IT Video Conferencing Services:
- OA-Information Technology will confirm availability and provide a conference ID upon receipt of your video conference request form.
- We typically add 15 minutes before and after every scheduled reservation to connect and troubleshoot or accommodate conferences that run long.
- You must notify OA-Information Technology if you expect a conference may continue beyond its scheduled time. We will do everything possible to keep you connected. However, your conference may be ended if others are scheduled.
- For changes to your scheduled conference, submit a rework order through ESMS at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in being billed for the original reservation.
- To cancel a conference, submit an order cancellation through ESMS at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in being billed for the original reservation.
Contact a technician at 717.772-4236 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.