An employee injured at work may be entitled to wage loss and medical benefits. Once an employee reports an injury, their supervisor files an injury report and the agency HR office investigates the injury. This results in the filing of a claim. The claim is approved or denied by the commonwealth’s claims administrator. Approved claims are managed jointly by the agency and the claims administrator.
Workers’ compensation coordinators manage the workers’ compensation program in each agency. Coordinators are responsible for:
- Providing new employees with required program notifications.
- Ensuring claims are filed timely and through ESS when possible.
- Investigating new reports of a work related injury or accident.
- Working with the commonwealth’s claims administrator, the agency, and the employee to expedite a return to work.
The checklist for injury leave should be followed by the workers' compensation coordinator to ensure the appropriate letters have been sent and the appropriate steps have been taken on each claim.
Workers' compensation benefits are authorized by the commonwealth's claims administrators. Medical bills related to a work-related injury should be sent to:
- Inservco Insurance Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 3899
Harrisburg, PA 17105-3899
Policies and Manuals
The OA-Human Resources' Bureau of Employee Absences and Safety is available to assist with workers’ compensation program questions and can be contacted at email@example.com or call 717.346.4667.