Langhorne Speedway
Langhorne Speedway
Dedicated: Saturday, October 14, 2006
County: Bucks
Marker Type: Roadside
GIS Coordinates: 40.17597-74.8858

Location: 1939 E Lincoln Hwy., Langhorne

Marker Text: Opened in 1926, this circular one-mile dirt track was known as the “Big Left Turn." It hosted a NASCAR inaugural race in 1949. Notable drivers Doc Mackenzie, Joie Chitwood, Rex Mays, Lee Petty, Dutch Hoag, A.J. Foyt, and Mario Andretti raced here in stock, midget, sprint, and Indy cars. Langhorne was reshaped as a “D” and paved in 1965. The National Open Championship run here was regarded as the “Indy of the East.” Final race was held in 1971.

Advanced Search
Search Historical Markers
 
Results per page:
Advanced Search