Visiting the Capitol Complex
The Capitol Police conducts security screening at all visitor entrances. All visitors must go through one of the visitor entrances to gain access to the Capitol Complex.
- (Adobe PDF) -- This map shows visitor entrances and ADA Accessible entrances
- Management Directive 625.10 -- This directive outlines the new security measures being enacted at the Capitol Complex
- Visiting Hours: The Capitol Complex visitor hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Remember, all visitors must go through one of the visitor entrances to gain access to the Capitol Complex.
- Visitor Entrances -- All visitors must go through the visitor entrances to gain access to the Capitol Complex.
- Capitol Rotunda - Main Entrance
- East Wing Rotunda - Atrium Level ( ADA Accessible)
- North Office Building - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Irvis Office Building - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Ryan Building - Main Entrance - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Go to the (Adobe PDF) to see all the visitor entrances and ADA Accessible entrances.
- No weapons, firearms, explosives, knives, mace, pepper spray, or hazardous materials allowed in the Capitol Complex.
- Present badges at the time of security screening. All persons will pass through metal detectors.
- All persons with PACEMAKERS, DEFIBRILLATORS, or other MEDICAL DEVICES are to notify the officer. Search will be conducted with a hand-held metal detector.
- All bags and packages will be X-Rayed and are subject to hand inspection.
- Personal items may be hand-inspected.
- Security screening may require whole body pat-down.
- Persons in wheelchairs or with a dog guide will be searched with a hand-held metal detector.
- Persons have the right to refuse any or all of these security screening procedures. Entry to the Capitol Complex will be denied. Items may not be delivered or left behind. Click to the left of the patch to download the Firearms Acknowledgement Receipt Form.
- Capitol Police (717) 787-3199