Picture of young couple smiling with arms around each other

Fraud and Abuse

You may file complaints directly with these sources at any time. If your concern or problem involves suspected neglect or abuse, including financial exploitation, you may want to take it directly to one of the following sources for immediate attention

  • Ombudsman – Advocates for individuals age 60 or older. For more information or to locate the Ombudsman for your area you may contact your Area Agency on Aging call the State Ombudsman Program office at (717) 783-7247; or view list by county.
  • Protective Services Program for Elders – Investigation of complaints regarding individuals age 60 or older who may be experiencing neglect or abuse. For more information about protective services or to file a complaint contact your Area Agency on Aging or call the Statewide Elder Abuse toll-free hotline at 1-800-490-8505.
  • Nursing Facility and Other Residential Facility Complaints– The Department of Health will investigate complaints about nursing facilities or other residential facilities it licenses. Call the toll-free hotline at 1-800-254-5164 or (717) 787-1816 to file your complaints.