General Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right:
- To be fully informed of all your rights and responsibilities.
- To have a legal guardian represent you in your interactions with the provider.
- To receive quality services according to your service plan in a professional manner.
- To receive notification and provide consent of anticipated changes in your services and supports.
- To refuse services.
- To be treated with respect.
- To register complaints.
- To request changes in services or staff without retaliation.
- To be informed about the provider’s policies and charges for services.
You have the responsibility:
- To express your wishes and preferences.
- To inform your service provider about problems with your services and supports.
- To let the provider know when you are admitted to a hospital and when you will be discharged.
- To treat your support workers and caregivers with respect and a safe environment for the home care worker.