Obtain a Copy of a Crash Report

Who Can Obtain a copy of a Crash Report?

Persons authorized by Section 3751(b) of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code include any person involved in the crash, their attorney, insurer, the Federal Government, Branches of the Military Service, Commonwealth Agencies, Officials of Political Subdivisions, or Agencies or other States and Nations and their political subdivisions.

When should I submit my request?

Please do not submit this application until 15 days have elapsed since the date of the crash.

Is there a fee and what do I need to send?

Effective April 1, 2014, the cost of a Police Crash Report by the Pennsylvania State Police increased to $22, in accordance with Act 89 of 2013.  Requests received without the proper remittance will be returned unprocessed.   The request form below is single-sided and allows for the request information to be entered prior to printing. The request form is to be submitted and signed with a money order or certified check for the amount of $22 payable to the "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania".

 Download/View form: SP7-0015 - Application to Obtain Copy of Police Crash Report

After completion mail to:

Pennsylvania State Police
Attention: Crash Reports Unit
1800 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110