Handle a Lost Traffic Citation

The Pennsylvania State Police has no central database for all Traffic Citations issued.

If you have been issued a traffic citation and have lost it, the there may be several ways to track it down.

If you know the county that the citation was issued you may try to verify the Magisterial District Judge within the county it was issued. All Magisterial District Judges are identified by a District Court Number.

The Pennsylvania's Unified Judicial System also has an online search for Magisterial District Courts Docket Sheets. This may be searched on several different criteria, including name.

You may also try locate the Pennsylvania State Police Station closest to the location of your receiving the citation.

Failure to respond to the citation will result in the Magisterial District Judge contacting you directly, at which time you may respond.