Directory of Services > Shared Ride Program

Shared Ride Program

If you are an older person, this program can provide you with reduced-fare transportation services on shared-ride transportation systems. The cost to the older individual is 15% of the existing shared-ride fare and the lottery pays the remaining 85%. In some cases, all or a portion of the 15% reduced fare may be paid by the Area Agency on Aging.

Click here for more information.

Eligibility

  • 65 years of age or older
  • Provide “proof of age” when enrolling into the program

For information on Shared Ride Program reduced rates for people with disabilities, click here.

Contact

Your local Area Agency on Aging, your local Shared-Ride transportation provider, or:

The Bureau of Public Transportation
400 North Street, 6th Floor
P.O. Box 3151
Harrisburg, PA 17105
Telephone: (717) 783-8025