Job Gateway
Top 10 F A Q
Report Fraud

Am I eligible for UC?

To claim benefits, you need to have earned enough money during your "base year." The base year is the first four quarters of the last five completed quarters at the time your claim is filed. The money you made during your base year determines, in part, if you can collect UC and how much you can collect. And, you have to have been working at a job that's covered by Pennsylvania's UC Law.
UC is for people who lost a job because of something that wasn't their fault. If you're out of work because your employer had to make cutbacks, close an office, went out of business or something you couldn't control, it's possible that you will be eligible to collect UC.
If you're out of work because you quit, you might not be eligible for UC. If you were fired from your company, you might not be able to collect UC.
Finally, you must be able and ready to return to work (either to your old job or a new one) to claim UC. For claims with an effective date of Jan. 1, 2012 or later, you'll also have to actively seek work during each week that you claim UC benefits.
Already have everything you need?
file a claim     
Home Page | File a Claim
The information provided on this site does not constitute a determination of eligibility
to receive unemployment compensation.
PA Department of Labor and Industry
Contact UsCommonwealth PortalContact the Web Team | Privacy PolicyDisclaimer
Copyright ©  Commonwealth of Pennsylvania