• The current Governor’s Residence was completed in 1968 and was designed by Philadelphia architect George M. Ewing.
• Governor Tom Corbett and First Lady Susan Corbett are the eighth family to reside at the Governor’s Residence.
• Approximately 12,000 people visit the Residence annually for tours and community events.
• The first official Governor’s Residence was purchased in 1858 and was located on South Second Street in Harrisburg.
• The gardens are composed of the Jane Shafer Rose Garden, Penn’s Woods, the Susquehanna Garden and the West Lawn.
• Airedale Terriers Harry and Penny reside at the Governor’s Residence with the Corbett family.