REGIONAL PRIMARY CONTRACTORS
Eight regional contractors provide tobacco use prevention and cessation activites across PA until June 30, 2014.
Counties served: Carbon, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming:
Tobacco Free Northeast PA/Burn Prevention Foundation
Phone: 1-866-974-QUIT (7848) Fax: (610) 969-4856
Counties served: Bradford, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga and Union:
Clinical Outcomes Group, Inc.
Phone: (570) 628-6990 Fax: (570) 628-5899
Counties served: Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango and Warren:
Erie County Health Department
Phone: (814) 451-7855 CIAA line: (814) 451-7856 Fax: (814) 451-6716
Counties served: Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Montgomery and Schuylkill:
Health Promotion Council of Southeastern PA, Inc.
Phone: (215) 731-6108 Fax: (215) 731-6199
Counties served: Adams, Bedford, Blair, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lebanon, Mifflin, Perry and York:
American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic
Phone: (717) 541-5864 Fax: (717) 541-8828
Counties served: Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland:
Adagio Health, Inc.
Phone: (412) 253-8166 Fax: (412) 288-9036
Tobacco Free Allegheny
Phone: (412) 586-7632 Fax: (412) 322-8321
Philadelphia Department of Public Health
Phone: (215) 685-5620 Fax: (215) 685-5666
The regional primary contractors are expected to:
- Increase the capacity of community based organizations serving Pennsylvania's youth disparate population groups
- Increase school based tobacco prevention education
- Increase the utilization of approved cessation programs within the region
- Conduct enforcement compliance checks and monitor compliance with Pennsylvania youth access to tobacco retailers and youth about youth access to tobacco laws
- Increase the current number of individuals utilizing the services of the Pennsylvania Free Quitline (Quitline) within the region
- Increase the number of private insurers that cover cessation counseling and pharmacotherapy
- Design and utilize sound qualitative and quantitative methods to support a comprehensive process and outcome evaluation of the comprehensive Tobacco Control Program in the identified region
The eight regional primary contractors use locally based program delivery agencies to assist them in providing tobacco control programs.