Non-OSHA Covered Employers
Non-OSHA covered employers (including public sector employers) are required to:
- Post a Workplace Notice, which lists employee rights under the law.
- Complete and post a Hazardous Substance Survey Form (HSSF) annually, by April 1 of each year, and provide it to the Department of Labor and Industry, upon request.
- Collect and maintain a file of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs). The MSDSs give detailed information on each hazardous substance in the workplace. MSDSs must be made available to employees without intervention of a supervisor.
- Complete an Environmental Hazard Survey Form (EHSF), if requested by the Department, and make it available to employees.
- Label all containers and ports of pipelines containing hazardous substances or hazardous mixtures in the workplace.
- Label workplace containers and ports of pipelines containing any chemical.
Provide copies of the HSSF, EHSF, and MSDSs to local emergency response organizations, upon request.
Bureau of PennSAFE
155E Labor and Industry Building
651 Boas Street
Harrisburg, PA 17121
Phone: (717) 783-2071
Toll Free: 1-888-SAFE-422