ASBESTOS REMOVAL -- ASBESTOS WORKER/LABORER
AMENDED FOR 11/21/97
The removal of asbestos containing materials should be handled as follows:
- The removal of all insulation materials, whether they contain asbestos or not, from mechanical systems (pipes, boilers, ducts, flues, breachings, etc.) will be recognized as work to be classified as Asbestos Worker.
- On all mechanical systems (pipes, boilers, ducts, flues, breachings, etc.) that are going to be scrapped, the removal of all insulating material, whether they contain asbestos or not, will be classified as Laborers.
- The removal of all asbestos containing materials from walls, ceilings, floors, columns and all other non-mechanical structures and surfaces, etc., will be held to the classification of Laborers (with the exception of roofing materials).
- The term "removal" shall not include sealing, labeling and dropping of scrap material into appropriate containers. After the drop, the final disposal will be classified as Laborers.
- The loading at the designated area of all materials that have been removed, bagged and tagged, as well as clean-up and all unloading, burying and other work required at the disposal site should be classified as Laborers.