Requirements for Annual Permit
Manufacturing facilities and institutions such as hospitals and universities that regularly perform alterations on approved electrical, gas, mechanical and plumbing installations may apply for a single UCC permit that will allow these alterations to be made over a 12-month period.
The Department will issue an Annual Permit as long as the following conditions are met:
- The specified installation(s) shall have been approved for code compliance under a previously issued occupancy permit.
- Submission of one (1) copy of the Department’s APPLICATION FOR ANNUAL PERMIT (UCC-1) and payment of a fee of $100.00 (via check or money order made payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania). A separate application is required for each covered building, structure or premises.
- The owner or operator of the building, structure or premises where the alterations will take place must certify that the persons performing the work are normally employed at this site and are "qualified tradespersons," because they meet one of the following requirements:
- They have performed similar alterations on the specified systems for at least three (3) years prior to making application; or,
- They hold a Journeyman’s card in an applicable trade, or are registered apprentices working under the direct supervision of a Journeyman; or,
- They hold a certification or other qualification issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, another U.S. state, a national model code agency, a national standards writing organization, or a national association representing persons who work in the electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing industries.
- The permit holder must agree to maintain detailed records of all alterations made under the permit and to make these available, upon request, to Department construction code officials.