1. American Academy of Pediatrics. Breastfeeding Policy Statement. J Pediatrics. 2005 Feb; Vol.115 No. 2:496-506.
2. Bitler MP, Currie J. Does WIC work? The effects of WIC on pregnancy and birth outcomes. RAND Corporation, J Policy Anal Manage. Winter, 24(1), 2005.
3. Black, Maureen M., et. al., Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children Participation and Infants’ Growth and Health: A Multisite Surveillance Study. PEDIATRICS Vol. 114 No. 1, July 2004.
4. Fox, Mary Kay, William Hamilton, and Biing-Hwan Lin. Effects of Food Assistance and Nutrition Programs on Nutrition and Health: Volume 4, Executive Summary of the Literature Review. U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Report No. (FANRR19-4), December 2004.
5. Oliveira, Victor, Elizabeth Racine, Jennifer Olmstead, and Linda M. Ghelfi. The WIC Program: Background, Trends, and Issues. US Dept. of Agriculture, Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Report No. (FANRR27), October 2002.
6. Owen Anita L., George M. Owen. Twenty years of WIC: a review of some effects of the program. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Volume 97, Issue 7, July 1997.
7. Siega-Riz AM, Kranz S, Blanchette D, Haines PS, Guilkey DK, Popkin BM. The effect of participation in the WIC program on preschoolers' diets. J Pediatrics. 2004 Feb; 144(2): 229-34