Account Login - Access your personal SERS account

General Information

You can review a sample Personal Statement of 2013 Pension Payments (335 KB PDF) as an Adobe Acrobat document, or in HTML format through the below links.
ANY TOWN, PA 17000-0000 

As always, this statement may serve as an income-verification document for several financial matters; however, it is not a tax document. SERS will mail your 1099-R form for tax filing purposes by the end of this month.

As you review this statement:

Double check your information.
If anything is inaccurate, call your SERS retirement counselor right away at 1.800.633.5461. It is crucial that your home mailing address is correct; that is where we send tax forms and other important documents. If you need to update your address, submit the Annuitant Change of Address Form (SERS-128) provided.

Consider how much you are having withheld for taxes.
If you’d like to estimate the amount of taxes withheld according to various tax filing options, see the Monthly Federal Tax Withholding Calculator on SERS’ website. If you’d like to adjust your current withholding, submit a Withholding Certificate-Pension or Annuity Payments (SERS W-4P) form.

Sign up for direct deposit or update your current direct deposit instructions.
Direct deposit is fast and secure. If you would like to start or need to change your direct deposit, submit a Direct Deposit of Annuity Payments (SERS-123) form.

Decide if you would like a Power of Attorney on file for your SERS benefit.
A Power of Attorney designates someone who can conduct business on your behalf if you become incapacitated. Even if you have a general Power of Attorney for other matters, you still need a specific one for SERS. You may revoke your SERS Power of Attorney at any time by providing written notice to SERS. If you think designating a SERS Power of Attorney makes sense for you, submit a Power of Attorney (SERS-296) form.

Make sure your beneficiary designation is up-to-date.
Not all retirement options include a death benefit but, for those that do, SERS is required by law to disburse funds based on the most recent beneficiary form we have on file. If you would like to reaffirm or update your choice, submit a Retired Member Beneficiary Nomination (SERS-403) form.

Download forms at 

Links to other sections of this statement:
General Information

Last published: 01/29/2014 11:16 AM