Intermittent Liquor Store Clerk
NATURE OF WORK
- Intermittent Liquor Store Clerks sell merchandise to customers, assist customers in obtaining merchandise, calculate and total purchases on a cash register, collect money and make change. They stock shelves, take inventory, complete forms pertaining to store operations, unload shipments from trucks, mop, sweep, dust, clean windows, etc.
- Intermittent Liquor Store Clerks work on a permanent, part-time basis.
- After successful completion of 13 pay periods (26 weeks), Intermittent Liquor Store Clerks are eligible for reassignment to full-time Liquor Store Clerk positions in seniority order as vacancies occur.
- You must be a resident of Pennsylvania of good moral character and be capable of performing the essential functions of the job.
- You must first pass a Civil Service examination.
- You must be at least 18 years of age within 60 days of the date you apply for the Civil Service examination.
- The number of hours worked vary between 13 and 32 per week. Employees are scheduled for a minimum of four (4) hours on a workday. You must be available to work anywhere in the county in which you are hired. Also, you must be available to work on-call if employees are ill or on vacation.
There are over 800 filled positions for this job title. About 400 hires are made each year. The majority of the positions are located in Allegheny, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester Counties. The remainder of the positions are distributed throughout the Commonwealth.
BENEFITS (after 52 pay periods)
- Health and Welfare Benefits
- Retirement and Savings Plans
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Other Benefits and Services
- Your background will be checked. If you have been convicted of a felony within the last ten (10) years, you cannot work in this job. If you have other criminal convictions, they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine if they are job-related.
- You must be available to work any hours Sunday through Saturday between 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must meet the job requirements listed above and pass a written Civil Service examination. To apply you can submit the Civil Service Application or you can apply directly online.
For the most recent information on job opportunities, contact the Recruitment and Placement Section located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania toll-free at 1-888-299-0125.
To have application materials sent to you, click here.