Liquor Store Clerk 1
NATURE OF WORK
- Liquor Store Clerks sell merchandise to customers, assist customers in obtaining merchandise, calculate and total purchases on a computerized cash register, collect money and make change. They stock shelves, take inventory, complete forms pertaining to store operations, unload shipments from trucks, mop, sweep, dust, clean windows, etc.
- You must be a resident of Pennsylvania of good moral character and be capable of performing the essential functions of the job.
- You must pass a Civil Service examination.
- You must be at least 18 years of age within 60 days of the date you apply for the Civil Service examination.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- You must be willing and able to accept these conditions listed below in order to be successful in this job. If you are not willing or able to accept all of these conditions, do not apply. By submitting your application, you are indicating that you are willing and able to:
- Work Sunday through Saturday. Normal store hours are 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Sunday through Saturday. Work schedules are posted no later than 3:00 p.m. on the Friday before the next work week. Work schedules are subject to change in case of emergency.
- Unload shipments of merchandise once or twice a week. This involves lifting, carrying and stacking cases of alcoholic beverages; using a hand truck; and climbing a ladder. Unloading is usually a 2-4 hour operation. You must also lift and carry merchandise in order to stock store shelves.
- Operate a computerized cash register and be financially responsible for the money in your cash drawer.
- Perform custodial duties such as sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning windows and lavatories, and removing snow and ice.
- There are approximately 800 filled positions for this job title. There are approximately 100 Liquor Store Clerk 1 vacancies per year. The majority of the positions are located in Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties. The remainder of the positions are distributed throughout the Commonwealth.
- Health and Welfare Benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Retirement and Savings Plans
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Other Benefits and Services
- Your background will be checked. If you have been convicted of a felony within the last ten (10) years, you cannot work in this job. If you have other criminal convictions, they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine if they are job-related. If they are, you may be removed from the job.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must meet the job requirements listed above and pass a Civil Service examination. To apply you can submit the Civil Service Application or you can apply directly online.
For the most recent information on job opportunities, contact the Recruitment and Placement Section located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania toll-free at 1-888-299-0125.